How can I correct my past sin?

Last updated on November 2, 2020


Hello sir,

I’m here to make a confession about my mistake. I had oral sex with my male friend. I’m female and 16 years old. How can I correct my past deeds? Please guide me on how to focus on something that’s right.


You can’t undo the past, nor can you erase the memory of the wrong that you did. However, you can change what you do today and your future. Change the attitude that allowed you to sin and you can change your behavior so that you don’t repeat the same mistake. That is called “repentance.” “For the sorrow that is according to the will of God produces a repentance without regret, leading to salvation, but the sorrow of the world produces death. For behold what earnestness this very thing, this godly sorrow, has produced in you: what vindication of yourselves, what indignation, what fear, what longing, what zeal, what avenging of wrong! In everything you demonstrated yourselves to be innocent in the matter” (II Corinthians 7:10-11).

In addition, you need to own up to your sin. Talk to God and apologize to Him in your prayers (I John 1:9).

If you aren’t a true Christian, then it is past time to start following Christ. See: How to Become a Christian.